Pastry Cook (Forge & Vine)LocationThe Groton Inn, Forge & Vine (Groton, MA)hoursYear-Round, full-time.Pay RateHourly, competitive wage.BenefitsThis position may be eligible for benefits, health insurance, PTO, 401k.ExperienceRequired.Job SummaryGrow your career with us! Join us as a Pastry Cook and work alongside our Executive Pastry Chef and the rest of our hard-working team, starting immediately.How to Apply
Please apply with a resume and cover letter to Chef Patrick Bassett by email.
WHY WORK AT MIGIS HOTEL GROUP:
Our employees comprise the core asset of our company. We don’t just say that we offer room for growth and a supportive environment – we live it. Many members of our leadership and management team started in entry level positions and moved on to training the next generation. To support the well-being of our team and their families, we offer meaningful company-sponsored benefits to eligible employees and perks such as discounts at our properties and recreational staff days. Learn more about Careers and Company Culture at Migis Hotel Group.
Preparation of breakfast pastries, breads, and desserts to be served complying with all applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards, following established food production programs and procedures. Work closely with Executive Pastry Chef and Executive Chef to help guarantee our guests a dining experience which exceeds their expectations.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure that all product is available for respective meals as well as proper forecasting of prep needs for assigned station.
- Read recipes, measure, execute, and plate food products including breakfast pastries, breads, desserts and other baked items meeting the standards of the Executive Pastry Chef, Restaurant Management and our guests. Ensure that food production is coordinated with meal hours so that quality, temperature, and appearance of food are preserved.
- Ability to safely operate kitchen equipment including, but not limited to, ovens, stoves, dishwashers, mixers, chef’s knives, baking and measuring tools/equipment/appliances, etc.
- Handle and communicate special orders and guest complaints in a professional manner. Have a basic understanding of common food allergies and cross contamination issues to ensure diner safety.
- Maintain food safety, work station and personal cleanliness and sanitations standards as required by the Mass Department of Health and Human Services and OSHA, as well as general maintenance and upkeep of kitchen equipment.
- Know who to notify in case of broken equipment or unsafe/unsanitary conditions.
- Must be able to manually handle/lift product up to 60 pounds between knee and chest
- Must have bilateral fine manipulation of both hands which may be repetitive for entire shift
- Must be vertically mobile working in limited space for entire shift
- Protect the assets of this property and the Migis Hotel Group.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States of America.
- Previous experience with baking/pastry work in a similar property, culinary school or completion of apprenticeship program preferred, or proven experience in higher volume and/or fine dining kitchens.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and written, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to understand verbal directions, as well as written menus, recipes, labels on foods and chemicals, and other workplace safety signage.
- Knowledge of common food allergies and understanding of cross-contamination issues
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Frequent walking, bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, lifting, manual dexterity and repetitive motions. May require the ability to work on uneven outdoor surfaces.
- Occasional stair climbing.
- Working in extreme temperatures and conditions both indoors and out.
- Schedule varies according to operational needs; may includes early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Frequent hand-washing
- Hazards include, but are not limited to cuts from knives and slicers, burns, slips, and tripping.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required or personnel so classified. All persons may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.