What You Need to Know About the 2018 Ballot QuestionsName: What You Need to Know About the 2018 Ballot QuestionsDate: June 14, 2018Time: 9:15 AM - 10:00 AM EDTRegistration: Register NowEvent Description:
Join members of the Greater Lowell, Middlesex West and Nashoba Valley with our guest speaker - Chris Carlozzi of NFIB - to learn what you need to know about the 2018 ballot questions.
Costs Mounting for Massachusetts Small Businesses
For Massachusetts small businesses, 2018 is shaping up to be an expensive year. Between new taxes to help the state defray the cost of a ballooning MassHealth budget and a collection of cost increasing ballot initiatives slated for the November ballot, small business owners have reason for concern.
However, being well-aware of the new legislative proposals on the horizon is the first step in helping make a difference. Learn how to ensure your elected-officials are aware of how these proposals will impact your small business and your ability to create new jobs.
Join us for an update on the following:
- EMAC – What is the new tax? And will it go away?
- $15 Minimum Wage – How is Massachusetts an outlier?
- Paid Family and Medical Leave – A $1 billion tax on employers AND workers.
- Income Tax Surcharge – Did you know the so-called millionaire’s tax impacts pass-thru small businesses?
- Sales Tax Rollback – A ballot question to benefit the business community.
Learn about these policies that will no-doubt impact your business!